Happy Thursday neighbours! Here’s everything you need to know about what’s happening locally today.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Rather sunny, pleasant and warm. High: 76 Low: 62.
Here are today’s top stories in Avon-Avon Lake:
- It’s officially spring cleaning time and to help with that, the City of Avon will be setting up dumpsters May 20-22 for Avon residents only, at multiple locations across the city. Items that will be taken are loose items, yard waste and general debris. Items that will not be accepted are tires, appliances containing freon, propane tanks, hazardous materials or toxic waste. (City of Avon)
- According to a press release, Avon Lake received $1,297,000 as part of the Ohio Department of Transportation’s (ODOT) $51 million investment in new road safety improvement projects. The money will be used to improve safety along US-6 (Lake Road). (Lake Avon Press Release)
- Not all mothers can breastfeed their babies. Those who don’t need formula milk. However, lately, obtaining this necessary formula has been a very difficult task for parents in northeast Ohio. They travel up to three hours at a stretch just to get the formula they need for their children. Dr. Lauren Beene of UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital told 3News that the formula shortage is getting worse. (WKYC.com)
Today in Avon-Avon Lake:
- Beaches Kick Glass Program – Avon Lake Public Library (6:30 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Cleveland Browns: “Great day for #Browns football” (instagram)
- AVON PTA: “We received so many thanks from teachers, staff and bus drivers for Appreciation Week last week! THANK YOU!!!!” (Facebook)
- City of Avon Lake, Ohio: “The Community Challenge is back!” (Facebook)
- Nextdoor neighbor, Bridgeside: “Hello neighbors! – If you know anyone who needs furniture, kitchen utensils, home decor, exercise equipment, etc., send them to us this Friday and Saturday morning from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Thank you!! 577 Arborside Lane Avon Lake” (The next door)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
All right, all is well for today. I will see you soon!
— Karena Garry
About me: Journalism runs through my veins. I’ve been a community journalist for most of the past 20 years. I love the Avon-Avon Lake community and am honored to be part of Patch.com. You can reach me at; email@example.com.
Got a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Avon-Avon Lake Daily? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org