It’s spring cleaning time! Declutter your home and give back to the community by donating new and gently used items to support locals and those in need.
Oakville will hold a spring Drive-Thru event Saturday, May 7 at two locations:
- From 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. in the car park of Queen Elizabeth Park Community and Cultural Center
- From 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the south car park of Sixteen Mile Sports Complex
The Town of Oakville and its community partners will collect:
- Non-perishable food products
- Baby supplies (diapers, wipes and formula, etc.)
- Personal care products (shampoo, soap and toothpaste, etc.)
- Menstrual products
- Recreational and artistic equipment (used bicycles will not be accepted)
- Household items (pots and pans, small appliances, linens and cooking utensils, etc.)
A reminder to residents to bring only new or lightly used items in good condition. Baby supplies, personal care products and menstrual products must be new and unopened.
Community partners will be on hand to review and accept donations before distributing the items to the community. On-site groups include:
“Our community continues to move forward through adversity by continuing to support each other and Oakville,” said Mayor Rob Burton.
“I encourage residents to show their community spirit and help locals and those in need by donating at the city’s spring drive-thru donation event.”
Visit the Spring Drive-Through Donation Event Page for more details.