Although spring allergies can be extremely unpleasant, there are ways to ease the symptoms.
Spring is finally here. For many people, this not only means better weather and longer days, but also pollen allergies which can significantly affect their daily lives. Symptoms can include a runny nose, constant sneezing, itchy eyes, and wheezing.
Fortunately, there are several tips and tricks that can help reduce the unpleasant symptoms of spring allergies. Here are a few :
- Identify the type of pollen that affects you so you can try to avoid it. There are as many types of pollen as there are plants.
- Pay attention to what you eat. Certain foods have an effect on people allergic to pollen. For example, a birch pollen allergy is associated with raw apples, peaches, pears and cherries.
- To drink a lot of water. It is essential to stay well hydrated because you are constantly losing fluids.
- Be aware of when the pollen count is highest and air out when it is lowest, usually just before dawn or late afternoon.
- Certain plants can help purify the air and remove pollutants. If you are not allergic, you can buy areca palms, ferns, date palms, ivy, peace lilies, spider plants and dracaenas.
- Use a mask outside. Take a shower when you get home and avoid rubbing your eyes, as there may be pollen on your eyelashes and eyebrows.
Thanks for taking the time to read this article, don’t forget to come back and check the Euro Weekly News website for all your up to date local and international news and remember, you can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram .
Sign up for personalized news
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories delivered to your inbox!